Riverside Remedies is a full service independent pharmacy providing patients and customers (and their pets!) with the highest quality pharmaceutical products by knowledgeable, helpful and caring staff. We also have gifts, toys, greeting cards and gift bags as well as other gift ideas.
Caring for you and about you.
At Health Mart we care about our patients. In fact, we go “above and beyond” what the large chain stores or other pharmacies can offer. Since we are locally owned, we choose to take the time needed to provide better care. We are committed to making it easier for you and your family to manage your health through the personal attention, unexpected conveniences, and trusted advice only available from an independent pharmacy.
We are committed to being there when you need us most, providing a level of service that goes above and beyond the ordinary.
• We take the time to care for you and your family – whether it’s questions about your medications or helping you better understand your prescription coverage.
• You’re more than a refill number to us. We address your unique health needs.
We not only meet your needs, our goal is to exceed your expectations and to save you time and money. We’re also close to where you work, shop and live.
• We fill your prescriptions quickly.
• We make transferring your prescriptions easy and accept most insurance.
• We offer unique services like custom medication compounding, veterinary medications, and maintenance medication synchronization.
Getting prescriptions filled at Health Mart is more than a transaction; it’s about quality healthcare. Our pharmacists provide you with the answers you need to manage your health concerns.
• We deliver expertise and medication therapy reviews to help you better manage your health.
• We offer clinical services to help keep you well and make it easier to manage your conditions.
• We partner with health care providers to improve your quality of care.
We are proud to be a part of this community…
Pharmacist and Owner
Dr. Gene Burns is a Sullivan County native and lifelong resident of the area. Even from a young age, he had a keen interest in biology, chemistry, and mathematics – a path that ultimately led him to pursue a career as a pharmacist. He received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in 2012.
After graduating, he decided to return to the County to practice independent community pharmacy and opened the Roscoe Medicine Shoppe in 2013. Two years later, he left Roscoe to focus on bringing an independent pharmacy back to Callicoon, and helped to open Riverside Remedies in 2014. Dr. Burns’s professional areas of interest include nephrology and clinical research. In his free time, he enjoys tinkering on a wide assortment of never-quite-finished mechanical projects, playing electric guitar, and watching live music.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Extraordinaire